Wednesday 27 February 2008

UK not quite so bad after all?

I think I was a little too harsh in my initial reactions to the UK songs. Rob Mc Veigh and The Revelations are relatively good songs that, although they won't win, won't shame us as much as Scooch did last year.

The BBC have gone for a very odd format for 'Eurovision:Your Decision' this Saturday. There are three categories; Joseph vs Maria, The Soloists and The Girl Groups. A panel will choose one act from each category as well as a wildcard to go through to the public vote. From what I've heard I'd choose Rob McVeigh, Andy Abraham, The Revelations and LoveShy as the wildcard.

None of these entries stands a chance of winning Eurovision but I think Rob McVeigh is probably the least bad of the six. LoveShy's Mr Gorgeous sounds too much like Jamelia's Beware Of The Dog.

Rob McVeigh - I Owe It All To You

The Revelations - It's You

LoveShy - Mr Gorgeous

http://www.bbc.co.uk/eurovision/

No comments: