Thursday 23 December 2010

Love Eurovision Advent Calendar: 23rd

On the eve of Christmas Eve I'd like to share with you some songs that came 23rd in Eurovision. Now you'd think they'd be the real stinkers but this Dutch entry from 1994 is actually one of my favourite Eurovision entries ever. Having talked to a few friends I seem to be alone.


Netherlands: Willeke Alberti - Waar is de Zon - 23rd at Dublin 1994 with 2 points!





Only the Croatians liked this song and even they only gave it 1 point. Perhaps a little too laid back for Eurovision but it's not a dreadful song. Sounds like an Eternal album track to me.


Spain: Lydia - No quiero escuchar - 23rd at Jerusalem 1999





Ok so some songs deserve 23rd place. Each entry needs something unique to make it stand out but I don't think knitwear is a winner.


Lithuania: Aivaras - Happy you - 23rd in Tallinn 2002 with 12 points





Now how this came 23rd I don't know! And I'm not being sarcastic this time! Watch in beautiful HD.


Belgium: Xandee - 1 Life - 23rd at Istanbul 2004 with 7 points





Lithuania: Sasha Son - Love - 23rd in Moscow 2009 with 23 points





Chiara and now Niamh have shown returning to Eurovision isn't always a good idea. Lena and Yohanna beware!


Ireland: Niamh Kavanagh - It's For You - 23rd in Oslo with 25 points


No comments: