Tuesday 12 May 2009

The first 10 qualifiers

The first semi-final is now over and we have our first 10 qualifiers for the final on Saturday:

Turkey
Sweden
Israel
Portugal
Malta
Finland
Bosnia & Herzegovina
Romania
Armenia
Iceland

So how did I do with my predictions? Well I was torn between Belarus and Finland. If I had chosen Finland I would have correctly chosen 10 out of 10 but it's 9 out of 10 this year for semi-final 1.

Iceland pulled off perhaps the strongest performance of the night with perfect vocals but had to wait nervously to be revealed as the 10th qualifier.



Sweden was a real disappointment. Luckily they get another chance in the final.



Belarus was a big surprise. They performed much better than I expected and should have qualified, but it wasn't to be.





No comments: